Wednesday 12 May 2021

The Paws Project

 


A few weeks ago Peggy, Edna and I visited the fantastic Lauren Von Trapp to work with her on a very exciting photoshoot which will be used as part of series titled The Paws Project.

The aim of the Paws Project is raise funds for The Dogs Trust who have seen a huge increase in dogs and puppies bought during the pandemic being surrendered to shelters now that people have returned to work.

The images will be displayed in two galleries - Glasgow and Wakefield and all proceeds from these ticketed events will go to The Dogs Trust. I believe that there will also be merchandise with the images on available for purchase.

The dogs had great fun participating in this project. Considering that they haven't been in a studio in quite some time I was expecting a bit of silliness and bouncing around but there was none of that - they both worked so incredibly hard, did everything asked of them and enjoyed every moment. I am so proud of my curly girlies.

I had some wonderful feedback too, as below:

Lauren, photographer:

'Peggy and Edna were a pleasure to have in the studio. I have never seen such well behaved dogs before - it honestly was a breath of fresh air! Your girls nailed it and the pictures are amazing.'

Kelly, makeup artist:

'Never work with kids or animals they say, well the poodle ladies were the most professional models I have ever worked with! Today was just the best! I'd jump at the chance to work with them again.'

I am definitely looking forward to going to the Glasgow gallery and seeing these images in person.




No comments:

Post a Comment