Sunday 2 May 2021

Just Exploring!

 


We have been exploring some new walking loactions recently, and having a lot of fun in the process!

My post COVID breathing complications seem to be much better and my medication is working well; so well in fact that I managed to climb Bellever Tor a few days ago and because I felt so great afterwards I have more Tor walking planned in the very near future.

When I head out to explore different walks from my usual Dartmoor jaunt, I always seem to head towards Cornwall and the coast but the truth is that Dartmoor is HUGE and I have only just scraped the surface of it. 

What I do lack, however is a little confidence - 99% of the time I am walking alone and on Dartmoor that can be scary. The weather can change so quickly and make the landscape look so different in the space of minutes and there are hidden bogs in places that people and animals can fall into and an abundance of ledges for me to fall off. There is also no mobile phone service on the Moors so it all makes for an interesting walk! I absolutely love it but I am always very cautious going to new locations, probably overly so. What I have decided I need is a decent lightweight waterproof rucksack that I can carry my essentials in, or Stanley if his little legs get tired, so I'm on the hunt! If anyone has any suggestions of brands I could look at please message me. I'd appreciate it!

Anyways, here are some pictures of our recent walks. I hope that you enjoy them as much as the dogs and I enjoyed the walks.

We found SNOW in May! It was a 12 degree day but the deeper into the Moorland we got the more snow we found!

























No comments:

Post a Comment