Sunday 20 September 2020

HOW MANY PUPPIES?!

 


Just a few days ago we welcomed a litter of 14, yes 14 puppies!!!

Lets just say I'm still in shock.

The scan said 9 - a very large number of puppies for an 18kg dog with only 6 nipples. I was prepared for that, or so I thought!

But on the day the babies were born they just kept coming...and coming...and when I thought things were finished and the last puppy had been born...still more came!

So now we have 10 beautiful boys and 4 beautiful girls. All are healthy and strong. They are growing by the day. They will be silver and blue. We had hoped for some whites too, but nature obviously had other ideas.

Edna is a wonderful Mother, very attentive. I really couldn't wish for more from her. She was understandably very tired after their birth but is recovering now and is eating like a horse to keep that gold top milk flowing. 

I am helping her out by supplimentry feeding the puppies. So every 2 hours around the clock, an alarm sounds and I go to prepare a bottle for the wee ones and top everyone up. It is hard work but I am a bit like a zombie but I am enjoying every precious moment. It is a joy to watch them thrive and they grow by the day.

I have honestly never heard of a litter of standard poodles this size before! It is going to be one interesting journey but I am so very excited to watch them grow.

All but one boy have lovely homes waiting.

Here are some pictures of our precious babies.

I am so very proud of them ❤








No comments:

Post a Comment