Friday 4 September 2020

Pregnancy Scans - week 7



Edna is now 7 weeks pregnant.

Yesterday evening she was laid out on the sofa and I was rubbing her tummy (something she asks for constantly and I am very happy to oblige) when I felt the faint tap-tap-tapping of a pup kicking against my hand. 

It was just magical ❤ and I am very excited.

My excitement was only heightened more when my friend Adam; who is currently training to be a pet sonographer asked me if he could come weekly and scan her for his learning. Of course I agreed!

Here are the images that he managed to get today: 




I have drawn on them below to highlight which bits are which.

In this image the puppy is sat within the red area. The head is the right hand corner of the image and is clear because it is very round. In the left hand corner opposite the head is a little leg sticking up. I was able to see this move during the scan.


In this image there are two puppies. They are nose to tail.

At the left end of the yellow circle is a pups head, and the blue shows the tail end of another pup.

Based on the measurements taken of the puppies heads Adam has esimated that the pups will be here between 18th and 20th September, which fits in with what I thought.

I am very much looking forward to seeing and sharing next weeks scans!

Thank you Adam for this wonderful insight into the magic of canine pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment