Wednesday, 19 August 2026

A Little Life Update 🐾

 I’ve just realised that I haven’t updated my blog in quite some time. Sometimes adult life just seems to run away with you!

Our last litter is now 14 weeks old and have all officially flown the nest. I’m delighted to say that they are all happily settled into their new homes, and it has been wonderful hearing about how they are getting on.

Here’s a little selection of photos of them, from those first few weeks when they were tiny bundles of fluff, right through to the gorgeous puppies they are becoming now. 
























This year I’ve had the particular joy of having three of my puppies remain locally, which is absolutely lovely. It means I can stay closely involved in their lives, watch them grow and, of course, sneak in plenty of puppy cuddles along the way!

I’m also incredibly thrilled that one of my puppies, Hugo, was selected to become an assistance dog for a lady who uses a wheelchair. Hugo will be representing Dog A.I.D, and I couldn’t be prouder of him.

Amazingly, Hugo is already showing real promise with his work and has started learning all sorts of useful tasks. He’s even turning the lights on for his mama already! Watching one of my puppies grow into a dog who will make such a meaningful difference to someone’s life is incredibly special. 

In the meantime, things have returned to normal here. The dogs are back to enjoying their usual mixture of dog showing, Dartmoor walkies, beach trips and generally keeping me on my toes!








And there’s something rather exciting on the horizon too. A group of us are heading off to Cornwall next month to celebrate my 40th birthday, with a whole week of dog walking, exploring, relaxing and, naturally, hot tubbing. 

I absolutely cannot wait!

So, after a rather puppy-filled year, life is settling back into its usual rhythm here at Marcasite HQ.

I’ll try not to leave it quite so long before the next blog update… although anyone who knows me knows that’s probably a dangerous promise to make! 

No comments:

Post a Comment