Wednesday 17 November 2021

Puppies have Arrived!

 


Our much longed for babies have finally arrived and I am absolutely thrilled.

This litter has been 2 years in the planning and the semen had to travel over 4000 miles to get here (and then got stuck at customs for 2 weeks which could very well have killed it) so it truly feels like the stars aligned to make this possible.

We have 3 gorgeous little boys and 2 perfect little girls.  A small but perfect litter, and a relief after my mammoth litter of 14 last year! All of the pups are all happy, healthy and gaining weight nicely. I am totally in love and can't stop looking at them!

Granny Edna is making milk and keen to help out and Peggy is also quite happy with this arrangement. My girls really do have an incredible bond and it is quite lovely to see Edna helping out with cleaning bums and resting protectively next to the whelping box and making sure that everyone is safe.

(NB I do not leave the girls unattended together for safety reasons)

I haven't taken many pictures yet, because I'm too busy just marvelling at them, but here are a couple.








No comments:

Post a Comment