Thursday 9 April 2020

Lockdown Ladies (and Stan!)


Nothing exciting is really happening here at Marcasite Poodles because of the current government lockdown.

As I detailed in my previous post - I work for the emergency services, so these are challenging times professionally. My hours have been changed to meet demand and may well change again, but as a shift working single person household this makes little difference because we have no real routines anyway!
The dogs have always been walked, groomed, gone to training classes, played in the garden etc at different times of day and having no routine means that things are kept exciting for them and they do not demand in the way that dogs in 9-5 workers households might.

We are now 14 days into the lockdown and I sometimes feel like the dogs are missing out on having me home with them all day, like the majority of the UK are but on the other hand nothing has really changed for them and I am glad of that, as well as being incredibly proud of my ability to serve the public during this difficult time.

We have been walking close to the house instead of driving to our walks but the dogs are still able to enjoy time off lead in the local woods. We are also doing some lead walking around the local area which is something I rarely do and I have to say, I believe this is particularly benefitting Peggy as we are able to fine tune her heelwork training and get her choosing to sit at kerbs whenever we stop.

Stanley's joints seem a lot better and he is definately happier which is a relief! He currently remains on anti inflammatories, which are making a huge difference. I plan to look into some hydrotherapy for him once things are back to normal.

Here are some pictures of the dogs enjoying their walks:








In other news the chickens are laying again - finally! We are currently getting around 4 eggs a day. 


I have been gifting the surplus to my 94 year old neighbour who is currently housebound and drawing faces on them for fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment