Saturday 30 November 2019

Centre of Excellence Pet Care Award


I had a lovely surprise this morning, when I awoke to find an email informing me that I have won runner up in the Centre Of Excellence 2019 Pet Care Awards.

I have completed several diplomas with the Centre of Excellence over the years, these being:
Dog Grooming,
Canine Health and Nutrition,
Canine Behaviour and Training.

I completed these diplomas, and am currently working towards another - Animal Assisted Therapy; solely because I want to be as well informed as I can in everything and anything relating to my canine companions, so that I can best understand their needs.

When I received an email a few months ago, asking me what I have done since gaining these diplomas - I responded explaining the charitable work that I occasionally do - rescuing, rehabilitating, retraining and rehoming dogs. I also sent several images of the rescue dogs I have groomed.
I explained that in addition to this, the grooming diploma helped me to reach my lifelong goal of maintaining a standard poodle in show coat and showing at Crufts.
I certainly did not expect to hear anything back from the Centre of Excellence, but thought that my story might inspire others to learn with them.
I didn't actually realise that I had submitted an application to the awards panel when I replied to the email!

I was very taken aback to receive an email back this morning stating:
'Huge congratulations on your incredible achievements! The judges were blown away by your story. You have shown real strength and determination and are an inspiration.'

To say I am thrilled to have placed runner up is an understatement!

My certificate in currently in the post but I will share images of it once it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment