Tuesday 21 May 2019

Scottish Kennel Club Championship Show


On Sunday Peggy and I attended the Scottish Kennel Club Championship show in Edinburgh.

We had a lovely day. Peggy placed Reserve in Junior Bitch class and then 1st in Special Beginners. We then placed Reserve in the Special Beginners group challenge.

Unfortunately we have not qualified for Crufts 2020 with these placings, but we had a fantastic day nonetheless and I was certainly pushed in regards of my grooming. I am very much still learning how to prep Peggy for shows and feel that every time I do this I am improving slightly; which is so satisfying.


Although I didn't know anyone at the show we were made to feel very welcome - we were definately the only silver standard poodle entered in the show and several people approached and asked me if she was a cafe au lait (brown) or commented that they had been in the breed for X number of years and had never seen a real silver! Perhaps there aren't many silver poodles in Scotland?

Following the show we embarked on the long journed back to Devon - having completed a total number of 1200 miles!

We are now having a pyjama and movie day in bed, to recover from our mammoth journey 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment