Monday 21 January 2019

We're going to Crufts!


Yesterday Peggy and I attended Manchester Championship Dog show and we placed 2nd in the Puppy Bitch Class, meaning that we also qualified for Crufts 2019.

I am absolutely delighted and I still can't quite believe it!

It has always been a dream of mine to attend Crufts with a dog that I have bred myself and I can't believe that after having only attended one Championship show before this, we qualified! And with less than 24 hours left before the Crufts entries close for the year we were incredibly lucky indeed.

Peggy was actually a little perturbed at this show. We were benched by a ring where the Dobermans were being shown and as a guarding breed they were incredibly loud and bouncy which Peggy appeared a little confused by.
All in all though she did brilliantly, she just needed marginally more reassurance than usual, and at just 9 months I can't say I can blame her. And of course I was very happy to dish out extra cuddles!

Unfortunately, as usual with a show there are very few photographs of Peggy. Only those I managed to capture on my mobile phone. But here they are anyway:

Peggy in the car on the way to get groomed at Briggsys Dog Groomers in Barnstaple. She likes to hold my hand in the car.

Peggy being groomed the day before the show, by Chris Briggs and Mark Elliott



Show over - she flopped on the cool concrete floor and had a little snooze. I think she was hot. She had bedding available and didn't want to sit on it.
Peggy - looking somewhat surprised by her winnings!

We really did have a wonderful day. Aside from the showing we spent lots of time with our friends and chatted with lots of new people too.
Peggy chose herself some dehydrated rabbit ears as her after show treat and I let her have a little off lead run once we were finished.

We also had some hopeful future puppy owers come all the way from Derbyshire to meet us. Peggy certainly enjoyed cuddling and spending time with them. I look forward to the future home that this family can offer to one of my babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment