Thursday 30 August 2018

Ticking Along Nicely.



Well, this isn't really much of an update as not much is happening here within the Marcasite household. Things are simply ticking along nicely, the way that they should be.

Peggy is growing up far too quickly and is teething, along with her siblings who we get lovely regular updates from.
Peggy and I recently went to a fun family dog show where amongst other things she won a first in Best Puppy, which I was over the moon with.

We walk once a week with Archie, who is handsome and oh so cheeky.
I'm also making vague attempts at teaching his owner Emma to groom him. I'm not a particularly wonderful groomer myself, but I do believe  that it is right to pass on what knowledge you do have to others and am enjoying watching her grow in confidence. I'm sure Emma will be a grooming wizz in no time.

Edna is thriving and has a fascinating relationship with her daughter. It is such a pleasure to watch them interacting and playing together. Edna demonstrates skills and behaviours that I ask of Peggy and encourages her learn always. For example, if I ask Peggy to turn to the left and she is unsure, Edna will show her what I am asking and give her a nudge.

Little Stanley is doing well too. He doesn't interact much with Edna and Peggy when we go out walking. He is 7 years old now and usually far too sensible to join in with their shenanigans, but within my house he plays with them like he is still a puppy. His favourite game at the moment is to hide in a pile of teddy bears and dog toys and stay very still; then when Peggy approaches he jumps at her to startle her and they both case each other all around the living room.

We are also enjoying the slightly cooler weather and exploring new places on our walks. I have a long list of walks that I want to do, which is always growing.
Next on my list is the Amazing Cornish Maize Maze which is a fun 3 mile, on lead walk and something I like to do every year.

Below are a few photographs of the dogs on some of their recent walks.

Peggy and Edna

Edna, Peggy and Archie

Archie

Archie and Peggy

 Stanley, being chased by Edna and Peggy

Peggy, Stanley and Edna

Edna and Stan

Edna and Peggy

Edna and Peggy

Peggy




No comments:

Post a Comment