Sunday 17 June 2018

Race For Life Plymouth


Today my Mum, Stanley, Edna and I took part in the Plymouth 5 Km Race For Life.

Cancer has sadly touched our family more that most and as such it is a cause very close to our hearts.

Aside from being a great cause to raise money for, this was also a great opportunity to put the dogs out of their comfort zones and let them experience crowds and noise, whilst providing some positive reinforcement training. I do this with them only once or twice a year and I am proud to say that they behaved impeccably.

The dogs were more fixated on their dehydrated chicken treats than the steel drums, excited children and crowds!

Lots of people were very happy to see them and came over for a cuddle which made the experience even more fun for them.

I didn't take many photographs because it was raining but here are the few I took.

Over £171,000 was raised today towards this charity.

It's certainly an event I'll be participating in again.

My Mum and Stanley

Stanley and Edna

No comments:

Post a Comment