Friday 30 March 2018

What a day!

Well, having had very little sleep due to working a late shift the night before, off I went this morning to judge Ashburton dog show.

I arrived around 90 minutes early, thinking I'd be able to have a cup of tea and be sociable with the event organisers before the chaos, but to my surprise there were a large number of people already there and waiting for the showing to begin!

As time for the first class drew closer, more and more people arrived. So many people, in fact that we couldn't fit them all in the one hall and had to open up the second one too!

The classes were very well attended, with upto 25 dogs in a class and choosing my winners was so difficult. There were so many beautiful dogs and they were all very well behaved, despite the intensity of being in a room with perhaps 75 other dogs.

Mel from Itus Events provided a fantastic catering service, with paninis and refreshments, whilst Richard organised the raffle and took care of all things health and safety related.
Izzy, their daughter helped as a junior steward and also came into the ring with me and assisted with some of the judging.

And somehow, in amongst all the madness I managed to do some photography too!

Today has been a thoroughly enjoyable, exhausting and unforgettable day.

Huge thanks to everyone who attended, to Richard and Mel for asking me to be their Judge and to Sonny for being the best Steward I could ever have wished for.












No comments:

Post a Comment