Friday 16 February 2018

An Introduction

Spring is supposed to be a time of new beginnings, so I have created this blog in order to record all of the exciting things that happen here at Marcasite Poodles.

Allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Amy and I am 31 years old. I have owned Poodles for over 10 years.

My love affair with the breed began when I rescued a poodle cross, Maggie. Maggie was the best dog in the world, but had many congenital health issues due to poor breeding, she unfortunately died at the age of 11 of cancer.
Maggie's health problems lead me to conduct extensive research into canine genetics and is the sole reason I feel so strongly about health testing dogs that are to be used for breeding purposes.

I currently share my home with two wonderful dogs - Stanley, a 6 year old toy poodle and Edna, a 2 year old standard poodle. I also have a corn snake.

I am an IANLPC registered dog groomer and a silver member of the International Alliance of Holistic Pet Therapists. I also hold a diploma in Canine behaviour.
In addition I am an lifetime member of Canine Health Concern, who are an excellent resource in research advancements. This assists me in always having the ability to expand upon my existing knowledge.


                        Myself, Stanley and Edna

                  My darling girl Maggie.  2000 - 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment